How to clone mongodb database from data folder?MongoDB and datasets that don't fit in RAM no matter how hard...

Is there a way to find out the age of climbing ropes?

Understanding the template

Formatting a table to look nice

Relationship between the symmetry number of a molecule as used in rotational spectroscopy and point group

When to use mean vs median

Plagiarism of code by other PhD student

How can I handle a player who pre-plans arguments about my rulings on RAW?

Is there a frame of reference in which I was born before I was conceived?

Can I solder 12/2 Romex to extend wire 5 ft?

Where is this quote about overcoming the impossible said in "Interstellar"?

What could be a means to defeat a childrens’ nightmare?

What is a term for a function that when called repeatedly, has the same effect as calling once?

Are all UTXOs locked by an address spent in a transaction?

Was it really inappropriate to write a pull request for the company I interviewed with?

The need of reserving one's ability in job interviews

Would the melodic leap of the opening phrase of Mozart's K545 be considered dissonant?

“I had a flat in the centre of town, but I didn’t like living there, so …”

How to get the first element while continue streaming?

Do AL rules let me pick different starting equipment?

A bug in Excel? Conditional formatting for marking duplicates also highlights unique value

Wardrobe above a wall with fuse boxes

Is every open circuit a capacitor?

Make me a metasequence

Draw bounding region by list of points



How to clone mongodb database from data folder?


MongoDB and datasets that don't fit in RAM no matter how hard you shoveLVM+MongoDB. Dropping in speed of backup creationRecovering data from MongoDB raw filesmongodb keep looping while trying to sync dataWhen and how should we shard MongoDB when we are bound to physical machines?Unusually large number of httpd processes and high CPU load on MongoDB replica set membersMongoDB : sharded cluster, add a shard that contains all dataMongoDB stalling at 100 writes/s but benchmark says 54000 writes/sMongo Docker CorruptedMongoDB “top” command shows dropped databases













0















I have a server with MongoDB 4 500GB database.
I have a very short backup window to create a copy of the database on the same server, mongodump/mongorestore work pretty slow.
I can copy mongo data folder, but I don't know what should I do next to create a clone of the existing database.
Can I somehow create a copy of the existing database by files manipulation or with some wild tiger utility?









share























  • Take a snapshot of the underlying storage, and backup from the snapshot.

    – Michael Hampton
    1 min ago


















0















I have a server with MongoDB 4 500GB database.
I have a very short backup window to create a copy of the database on the same server, mongodump/mongorestore work pretty slow.
I can copy mongo data folder, but I don't know what should I do next to create a clone of the existing database.
Can I somehow create a copy of the existing database by files manipulation or with some wild tiger utility?









share























  • Take a snapshot of the underlying storage, and backup from the snapshot.

    – Michael Hampton
    1 min ago
















0












0








0








I have a server with MongoDB 4 500GB database.
I have a very short backup window to create a copy of the database on the same server, mongodump/mongorestore work pretty slow.
I can copy mongo data folder, but I don't know what should I do next to create a clone of the existing database.
Can I somehow create a copy of the existing database by files manipulation or with some wild tiger utility?









share














I have a server with MongoDB 4 500GB database.
I have a very short backup window to create a copy of the database on the same server, mongodump/mongorestore work pretty slow.
I can copy mongo data folder, but I don't know what should I do next to create a clone of the existing database.
Can I somehow create a copy of the existing database by files manipulation or with some wild tiger utility?







mongodb





share












share










share



share










asked 8 mins ago









Alexey RyazhskikhAlexey Ryazhskikh

1164




1164













  • Take a snapshot of the underlying storage, and backup from the snapshot.

    – Michael Hampton
    1 min ago





















  • Take a snapshot of the underlying storage, and backup from the snapshot.

    – Michael Hampton
    1 min ago



















Take a snapshot of the underlying storage, and backup from the snapshot.

– Michael Hampton
1 min ago







Take a snapshot of the underlying storage, and backup from the snapshot.

– Michael Hampton
1 min ago












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function() {
var channelOptions = {
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "2"
};
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function() {
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled) {
StackExchange.using("snippets", function() {
createEditor();
});
}
else {
createEditor();
}
});

function createEditor() {
StackExchange.prepareEditor({
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader: {
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
},
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
});


}
});














draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function () {
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fserverfault.com%2fquestions%2f957120%2fhow-to-clone-mongodb-database-from-data-folder%23new-answer', 'question_page');
}
);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes
















draft saved

draft discarded




















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Server Fault!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid



  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.


To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function () {
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fserverfault.com%2fquestions%2f957120%2fhow-to-clone-mongodb-database-from-data-folder%23new-answer', 'question_page');
}
);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

117736 Шеррод Примітки | Див. також | Посилання | Навігаційне...

As a Security Precaution, the user account has been locked The Next CEO of Stack OverflowMS...

Маріан Котлеба Зміст Життєпис | Політичні погляди |...